Friday, September 14, 2012

Chicken Fried Rice

It's been so long since I've updated this thing... when I went to type in "Blogspot," my computer took me to Bloomingdale's instead.  Hahaha!

Anyway, I'm back, and here is my super simple recipe for chicken fried rice.  There are two main parts of prep: that you have to cook the rice the day or morning before, and that you have to cook the chicken.  Other than that, this is easy and quick, and unbeatably customizable.

Ingredients:
(I'm not putting amounts for most ingredients because you can really choose how much you want.  For reference, I normally use 4 cups of rice and 2-3 chicken breasts.) 
  • cold, cooked rice 
  • chicken (I use boneless skinless breasts because they're easiest, but thigh meat tastes the best if you want to deal with it!)
  • 1-3 eggs, depending on how eggy you like fried rice and how much other stuff you're adding
  • green onions, cut up 
  • soy sauce and olive oil 
  • bite-sized, cooked veggies -- I like peas and carrots 

Directions:
  1. Cook the chicken to your liking.  I like to marinate it in soy sauce and use flavors that will compliment the fried rice.  After cooking, cut up the cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces.  
  2. In a pot that you'll use for everything, put a couple tablespoons of olive oil, and when heated, very lightly scramble the eggs.  Like, just leave them long enough to solidify and then take them out and put them aside.
  3. Put the rice in the pot with a bit more oil and soy sauce, and "fry" the rice on high heat for a few minutes.  
  4. Add the eggs, chicken, green onions and cooked vegetables.
  5. Continue to stir the fried rice and let everything heat up together.
  6. Enjoy! 
As usual, I forgot to take pictures at each step.  But here are the few I did take:

All ingredients: 
I use mixed veggies in a bag.  Makes them easy to steam in the microwave! 


Finished product:
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love!